After the success of the PHOTOFAIRS 2019 Exposure Award, we are delighted to announce the prize returns for 2020.
Submissions for the Exposure Award were open before we made the difficult decision to cancel PHOTOFAIRS Shanghai 2020 as a result of the current global pandemic. When we announced the cancellation of the 2020 fair we promised to continue championing the development of photo-based art in the Asia-Pacific region. We are pleased to announce that the Exposure Award will still be celebrated in 2020 through a substantial solo exhibition at the Modern Studio in Shanghai from September 11-20, 2020. We thank Modern Eye for their support of the award. The deadline for submissions has been extended to 26 June, 2020.
This year’s judging panel include four leading female voices in the photography industry: Gwen Lee, Co-founder + Director, Singapore Photography Festival & Director, DECK, Singapore; Lu Ni, Executive Director, Xie Zilong Photography Museum (XPM) & Secretary General, Alliance of Chinese Photography Museums; Cao Dan, President of MODERN ART & Publisher of The Art Newspaper China & LEAP and Sunyoung Kim, curator of The Museum of Photography, Seoul, South Korea. Every week we’ll be interviewing each judge to discover what advice they have to share about applying the Award.
Past Exposure Award winner Galerie Les Filles du Calvaire’s artist Noémie Goudal said about her win: ‘I’m so happy I won a solo booth as it gave me the opportunity to combine a couple of works and mediums together, which I’d never really done before! The space represented much larger bodies of work from my portfolio, I found working on the layout particularly interesting.’
While you start preparing your application during this quiet time, make sure you have all the elements needed to apply - please refer to the application form for the full checklist:
- Have a full list of your represented artists
- Write a brief history (around 500 words) of the gallery
- Tell us about your gallery: what exhibitions have you staged this past year and / or the following year?
- Include a list of all planned/confirmed fair participations for 2019 and 2020
- Short description of your stand proposal
- Add a CV of the artist you’re proposing to exhibit
- 5 small jpgs (each at least 800 pixels wide and 72 dpi) of works by the proposed artist. Please ensure that these are properly labelled with full image captions.
To discover more information and apply click here.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be delighted to discuss any details with you.