The PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco VIP Program included dedicated collector and museum group initiatives led by international experts who explored the current opportunities in the international fine art photography market. A bespoke VIP program, incorporating private tours, events and dedicated museum visits, ensured PHOTOFAIRS | San Francisco welcomed some of the largest art collectors in the US.
The 2018 VIP program will be announced in the fall of 2017.
2017 VIP Program :
- Private tour of San Francisco Museum of Modern Art’s new Pritzker Center for Photography, featuring diane arbus: in the beginning and Japanese Photography from Postwar to Now
- Visit to Pier 24 Photography to see the exhibition Collected with an introduction by Associate Director Allie Haeusslein
- The de Young Museum will offered an exhibition tour of Danny Lyon: Message to the Future, led by Julian Cox, Founding Curator of Photography and Chief Curator
- Private viewing of the Ed Ruscha Archive at the Achenbach with Karin Breuer, Curator in Charge of the Achenbach Foundation for Graphic Arts and Julian Cox
- Behind the scenes tour with Wattis Institute curators at CCA Wattis Institute for Contemporary Art
- Artist studio visits with Sean McFarland, Erica Deeman and Klea McKenna at Minnesota Street Project Studios
- Private collection visits to the homes of Contemporary African Art collectors Diane and Charles Frankel
- Urban Photo Safari for children aged 8-16
- Insights artist Christine Elfman talked about her work at Gallery Wendi Norris
- Studio visit with contemporary artist Jim Campbell